When is the last time your AC unit got a check-up?
You take your car in for oil changes regularly. You go into the doctor for your yearly physical (we hope). Your AC needs the same kind of regular care to keep working at its peak performance.
The motor, fan, compressor, filter, coils and lines all require regular maintenance if you want your AC to work great year after year. A well-maintained system is going to save you money on utilities and it will have less breakdowns, which means you won’t pay extra for new parts and repairs.
Here’s the real deal. AC upkeep is about saving you money in the long-run and keeping your HVAC unit healthy, strong and long-lasting.
Here are 3 main reasons to give your AC the regular maintenance it deserves.
- Save Yourself Some Money!
A well-maintained unit is going to save you money threefold:
- By lowering your energy bill. A dirty or low-performing AC unit works harder and less efficiently. That extra work from your AC is extra money from your pocket.
- By preventing system breakdowns. Small issues can be caught and fixed with regular maintenance. If you let your unit get run down, eventually those small issues with the lines, the motor, the compressor, etc. will turn into bigger (and pricier!) problems. One simple preventative fix could save you hundreds of dollars in parts and repairs or thousands of dollars in a whole new AC unit.
- By avoiding warranty woes. Lots of manufacturers require regular maintenance for them to honor their warranties (read the fine print!). If you’re not getting regular maintenance according to their guidelines, you could get stuck with the bill.
- Stay cool and comfortable
What’s the point of an AC unit? To keep cool, of course. If your unit is dirty, just chugging along or you haven’t changed a filter in too long, you’re sweating more and paying for it. Regular maintenance ensures that all parts are working great and the unit is performing at its ideal capability.
- Breathe easier. Literally.
There are many common indoor allergens floating through our homes. Preventive maintenance safeguards your home by making sure that your air is as clean and well-filtered as possible. When your filter, ducts and other parts of the HVAC are dirty, you and your family are breathing in those particles. This is especially concerning if you have any family members with respiratory issues.
So, we’ll ask you again. When was the last time your AC unit got a checkup? If it’s been more than a year, you’re past due. If you’re in Williamson County, schedule with us or call (512) 842-4493 today.