Throughout the U.S., many new homeowners are realizing that the home they recently purchased does not come with an existing HVAC system or it is installed in a place they never would have imagined: the attic.
There are many reasons your indoor unit may be installed in the attic, but here is a short breakdown to help you understand the benefits of attic placement.
Why The Attic
- Here in Texas and around the U.S., an unsealed attic can be one of the hottest regions in your home during warm weather months. This means that the warm environment can heat the air in your ducts almost as soon as the air conditioner cools it. While it may seem smarter to have your HVAC in a cooler part of the house, that can have an opposite effect in cooler months and bring about the same problem in reverse.
- An attic placement will not only be just as good as any other place in your home, but it can also keep the system out of the way and in its own designated area.
- The attic is no one’s favorite place. However, it can offer accessibility and space for times when a contractor is called in. How do you know if it is easy to reach? If you’re worried if there is enough space, remember that if contractors were able to reach the attic to install your HVAC system in the first place, they can reach it again whenever it needs work. Believe us, it isn’t any trouble.
- Some pests prefer the attic, this is true. However, as we all know, from time-to-time bugs can pop up anywhere in your home. The good news is that pests are not an issue for your HVAC and will not cause major harm or damage to your system. So, even if you feel that your attic is more bug prone, rest assured that your system will be just fine.
- When it comes to your home, you want to make sure that you have as much space as possible. Having your HVAC in the attic saves you the hard task of finding an out-of-sight-out-of-mind place for it elsewhere. It also gets the ductwork, hardware, and bulky equipment out of the main areas of the home.
Let us know how we can help you today with your HVAC. We’re just a call away.